You might be one of those persons who has either to work long hours every day or you have a busy life in general and you can’t find enough time to go to the gym or joining a fitness program. But you know, that exercising would be important, not just for losing or keeping the weight but for your health in general. I get you. Below I have 7 easy to follow exercises you can do while at work. They don’t need much time to complete, but they still will give you a nice body workout, without the need to going to the gym or having any fitness equipment at all. Follow these 8 exercises and perform them regularly. They work wonders. Promised
- Replace your office chair with an exercise ball. Balancing on this ball is a great core stabilizer. And you are actually working out on your abs all day without even noticing it. Very less concentration is required, so your concentration remains on your work.
- Resistance bands are great for getting legs and arms in shape. Tie one end of the band on the leg of your chair or desk while perform leg or arm reps while you are working. Switch hands while you are on the phone, or perform leg reps while you are working on the computer.
- Walk as much as you can during breaks. Put some weights on your ankles to help burning off some extra pounds.
- Give a priority to stairs rather than elevators. Start with taking 2 to 3 floors on the stairs while you still can take the rest in the elevator even if you are on higher floors. Only this simple exercise will make your heart pumping and discharging endorphin. What else can be a better start of the day?
- Are you always fighting about who can park the car at the closes place to the building? But parking away from your building can provide you a little workout while walking. Just leave your house a few minutes earlier, so that you wouldn’t be late and park your car at the end of the parking place, put your ankle weights on your legs and either walk or jog to the building. Don’t worry about what people will say, the benefits will outperform that and your overall health will be thankful too.
- Stretching is always necessary for your body. Working for hours on a single chair can make your muscles tense, joints arthritis, back & neck pain, resilience deficiency and blood clot. For your body to remain on a healthy level, perform some stretching exercises every hour or two.
- Stretching can be performed in many different ways. Performing stretches at your work can be done from raising your arms to ceiling, to touching your toes while your legs are straight, to ballet piles. For your spine and abs stretches just twist your body from side to side. Pot belly can happen due to shortening of abs due to sitting for too many hours. To avoid “pot belly” perform stretching so that your abs will remain long and slim.
- Do some push-ups while you have a break. Push-ups are a great exercise, which don’t need much space and you can perform them everywhere. If you never have done them before, start with the ones where you’re on your knees. They aren’t as hard to perform as the ones where you’re on your toes. Start with about 8 – 10 push-ups. Then take a break of around 30 seconds and start your second set of around 8 – 10 push-ups. Do about 2-3 such sets. Depending on the time and your fitness level. You always can do more when you get fitter or have more time. But do them.
7 Office Stretching Exercises to Get Energized at Work!
Finding time in today’s busy life for workout is surely very difficult but adopting these simple exercises can really change your lifestyle.
If you have 90 minutes a week for working out and getting in shape, then I would recommend you do that. There are many workout programs out there you could follow. A very popular one is the Old School New Body training system by Steve and Becky Holman. You can find a very detailed review about it here. It’s worth checking it out. Steve and Becky have done a great job creating this training system and you’ll only need 90 minutes per week (3 times 30 minutes) to perform their workouts. They are also not that difficult to do and they have to follow step by step instructions on how you have to workout.
The health benefits of working out are tremendous and they will keep you going. Working out will also give you more energy all day, which means you’ll be able to do your daily work much easier, since you’ll have the energy to do so. At the end, it doesn’t matter what kind of exercises you do as long as you start doing some of them. With that being said, start exercising today. You’ll be thankful you did tomorrow. Good luck.